This year’s Forum will feature keynote speeches and disruptive insights from a wide array of experts, as well as deep-dive discussions on scalable success – and remaining, critical challenges – in Future of Counties’ Climate-Smart Strategy on Water and Food Security.
Need for smallholder farmers in all counties to be empowered by 2021 through Climate Smart Agriculture practices, approaches and systems.
Food demand will increase by over 60% by 2050 in Africa.
The Agricultural industry is the second largest contributor to global emissions, but the most vulnerable sector to Climate Change
All counties are dis-proportionally affected by the effects of climate change
By 2080, due to climate change, it is likely that 75% of the African population will be at risk of hunger.
Disaster Preparedness and Management at County Level: increasing adaptability, reducing risk, and improving social and economic conditions to target the causes of vulnerability i.e;
- Enhancing resilience through agricultural systems to address climate change: Early warning systems, geospatial analysis, remote sensing
- Generating actionable insight through appropriate analytical tools at county and national levels
- Irrigation best practices
- Crop diversification: Popularisation of new crops and crop varieties
- ICT for agri-solutions
Conceptualizing Drivers of Policy Change in Agriculture, Nutrition, and Food Security
- Application of various approaches to Food Security interventions
- Monitoring and Evaluation in Food Security Programming
- Towards a water and food secure future
- Addressing water scarcity and floods in agriculture
- Reducing the energy footprint in food systems, developing and adopting climate resilient varieties, modernising irrigation infrastructure
- Contribution of blue economy on food security in Kenya.
- Increasing Sustainability on Water and Food Security at County Levels
- Supporting and enabling policy frameworks
- Funding Opportunities for International Cooperation
- Increasing cross-industry collaboration
- Linking government, Civil Society and NGOs and strengthening Public-Private Partnerships
- Securing financial investment for county Water and Food Security
- Ensuring adequate and innovative financing mechanisms and effective risk-sharing schemes
- Innovation in risk-mitigation finance and insurance schemes to protect farmers against losses
| Food Security in Kenya 2019 | Food Security | Water | ICSED Kenya | e-Waste | Electronic Waste | Capacity Building | Summit | Workshop | Policy and Governance | Partnership | Donors | Partners | Project Management | Project Development | Project Proposals | Resource Mobilization | Climate Change | Agriculture | Agribusiness | Entrepreneurship | Adaptation to Climate Change | Initiatives | Gender Equality and Equity | Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights